Monday, February 20, 2012

Violet Obsession

Tonight's cocktail fare:  The Stormy Morning

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Stormy-Morning

I bought the fairly recently available Creme de Violette to make Aviation cocktails, but the color and the floral taste are making me a fan.  So, we are on a violet drink kick!

This drink is also one of my new favorites....it is so refreshing and floral without being cloyingly sweet.  This would be a perfect brunch drink, but it will do for just about anytime for me!

I modified the recipe according to taste and the fact I had Meyer lemons but no limes on hand.

1.5 oz Creme de Violette
1 oz St Germain
1 oz Freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
4 oz bubbles (I used prosecco)

Over crushed ice, pour the Creme de Violette, then the St Germain, then the lemon juice.  Top off with the bubbles.  Garnish with a citrus wedge if available.  I used all my lemons for juice, so no garnish, oh well.  It is not a key player in this drink like the Sazerac.

I LOVE THIS COCKTAIL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment