Sunday, February 12, 2012

Corpse Reviver # 2

Well, I skipped a couple of days due to mild illness......but Sunday morning brought about renewed health and the perfect opportunity to try a "hair of the dog" drink.  Not that I was hungover at all, but it is typically discussed as a brunch type drink, thus the name corpse reviver!

1 oz Meyer Lemon juice
1 oz Cointreau
1 oz Lillet white
1 oz Hendrick's Gin
1-2 drops of absinthe

Shake with ice, pour straight up

Wow!  This is one delicious drink.  Tart, sweet, hint of anise.  Complex, not bitter.  A very nice alternative to standard brunch fare like mimosas (not that I would ever say a word against mimosas....I love them).


1 comment:

  1. What are your thoughts on the bloody mary?
    I love them. The best I've had is at Zunni Cafe in SF. Balsamic and shallots.
    God, I love them.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete