Sunday, February 12, 2012

Initial stirrings.....

Well, I have had an affinity for wine and some spirits for some time.  Although over the past 15 years or so, I have spent more time and effort becoming proficient in picking and drinking red wine and recently bubbles than the art of the cocktail.  I turned 40 in December, and I decided it was high time I had a drink a bit more sophisticated than a pina colada.  So, I embark on this adventure, of cocktails and such.
The goal is to expand horizons, taste new flavors, and try new things.  The research that comes along with trying and understanding certain spirits is quite interesting, and is a history lesson as well as a lesson in spirits.  Until 4 days ago, I had no idea there was such a thing as an absinthe spoon, and certainly no idea what it was used for.  Now I own one (it came with the bottle of absinthe....now I am just short sugar cubes!).
I will be trying a different cocktail for each posting, I will list ingredients and tasting notes, sometimes a picture.

Salud and cheers!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment