Saturday, March 24, 2012

Just call me Borax

Another hiatus due to illness.....Strep throat struck me down again just as I was starting to feel better!  Damn penicillin resistant bugs.  Anyways, today we had spectacular weather, not too hot, not too windy, not too humid.  March-April and October-November really are the best months weather wise in Austin.  To celebrate this fine spring day, I decided to pick up some ginger beer to make a Moscow Mule.  I had finished the Chai infusion of my Single Silo Vodka, made in WA by Project V Distillery, and to my knowledge, available in Texas only at two households in the greater Austin area.  In fact, the other household probably drank theirs a long time ago, so really I am probably the only person in Texas who has my hands on a bottle of this golden delicious elixir.  Anyways, I had never had a Moscow Mule, named for the vodka and its Russian connotation of course.  I doubt I will ever have another one (outside of my house, that is) as fine as the one I made tonight, thanks to the Chai infused vodka.  Wow.  It was refreshing, with the citrus and spice noted melding beautifully, and it was none too sweet.  This went down like one of my kids drinks a juice box, having a straw may be to my detriment.  Quite a lovely drink, and definitely a keeper, I could drink 20 of these!.  Now I will just have to figure out a way to convince Project V Distillery to sell their product in TX, or to get Steve and Lisa to keep me supplied.


Moscow Mule

Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 a lime, maybe a tiny bit more
splash of simple syrup (optional)
2 oz Chai infused Single Silo Vodka
ice cubes
4 oz or so cold Ginger Beer (I used Fever Tree brand)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment