Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Another mean green martini

I bought a bottle of green chartreuse to match my yellow.  Now I needed recipes to try out the green chartreuse.  I found a martini of sorts called the cat's eye, which seemed apropros.

1.5 oz Bombay sapphire
3/4 oz Green Chartreuse
1/2 oz Dry Vermouth (I used Noilly Prat)
Garnish with a twist of orange peel

This was not an unpleasant drink.  Everett mistook the Chartreuse for Absinthe, which I can see with its herby flavors.  But it was perhaps a little to sweet for my taste.  I added a few dashes of orange bitters after a few sips and that helped balance the flavor a bit.  The color is nice, a translucent green that is very ethereal.  All in all, though, I think I prefer the green vesper, made with absinthe.....

On to the next cocktail!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment