Monday, September 17, 2012

The Green Door reconstructed

Friday, the UT campus was evacuated due to a bomb threat.  No bombs were found (thank goodness) but the day was sort of shot work-wise for Everett.  So, we decided to take in a movie at Violet Crown Cinema - a good idea for a Friday afternoon. We had a cocktail in the lounge before our movie started.  Everett had his standby, the Sazerac, though it was made with Herbsaint rather than true absinthe, and I had the special, The Green Door.  It was delicious, and I inquired as to the ingredients.  After the film was over, we went to Specs, and I purchased Velvet Falernum to be able to make the drink.

I feel I was quite successful in recreating this drink.  I did not know exact measurements, but gave it a whirl (or a shake), and the result is similar to the drink I had as well as pleasing.

The Green Door

juice of 1/2  lime
2 oz bourbon (I used Bulleit, but MM or Woodford would be good too)
1 oz Velvet Falernum
1/2 oz Green Chartreuse

Shake juice, bourbon and falernum with ice in shaker.  Strain into glass.  Float Chartreuse on top.  Serve on the rocks.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment