Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Meier's modified Manhattan

I made aviations tonight, and then because I made aviations, rather than go to the gym I used my shaker as exercise and made Manhattans.  But they were slightly modified Manhattans.  And I will make them again for sure.  Wow.  

4 oz Woodford Reserve Bourbon (or your preferred Bourbon or Rye)
2 oz sweet vermouth (I used Martini and Rossi)
2 oz Cocchi Americano
4 dashes of Angostura bitters
2 dashes of blood orange bitters
Flame a lemon peel over drink

Now, I am a fan of Manhattans anyways.  If I am going to order a grown up drink at a steakhouse, I'll likely choose Manhattan over Martini.  But without sounding too self congratulatory, this tipple is one of my best attempts.  I will be making it again (and again, and again, and again).  It has the deep, oaky flavor of the bourbon with a nice citrus jolt, and it is very smooth.  Finished with notes of caramel and spice.   All of it is nice.  

Come on over, I'll make you one.  

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment