Thursday, April 12, 2012

Good as gold

Hi all!  I know, it has been awhile.  We are in the process of selling the small bar to move into a larger bar that has more space for the liquor.  Er, I mean we are in the process of moving to a bigger house!

My bestie Winnie gave me a cocktail book, the PDT cocktail book, this week and it has so many awesome and interesting recipes.  I started out easy, because I did not want to mess anything up!

The Gold Rush is a variation on the Whisky Sour, an all time favorite of mine, and it used honey in the stead of simple syrup.  The honey imparts a rich color and flavor to the drink that improves the experience over a traditional whisky sour.

The Gold Rush

2 oz bourbon
0.75 oz Lemon juice
1 oz honey

Shake in ice and pour over cubes in a rocks glass.

I was a little short on the honey (we were running out) and a little long on the lemon juice (it was a Meyer lemon so I did not want to discard the extra juice!) but it still tuned out lovely.  Definitely an easy, delicious drink for a warm spring evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment